A delicious one pan stir fry using pantry staples, chicken and broccoli with a nice hit of ginger and quick stir fry action!
Okay so I exaggerate. No quick toss toss fire flaming over the wok kinda stir fry action you see in the chinese restaurant kitchens. But there is some toss toss. Let’s start with adding the minced ginger and garlic to the oil. I’ve used a saucepan here.
Don’t let the garlic burn so a quick fry will do and in go the broccoli. I add in some water to let it steam off and let it turn a bright green.
I add in the chicken and allow it to sit for a while. Then I toss it around with the broccoli – scraping up any bits at the bottom – and in go the stir fry sauce which will bring it all together.
Almost there…once everything is mixed well. We switch off heat and add a dash of sesame oil. A tip I learnt from Marion Grasby. It does add a little bit of something to the dish and we like it.
We have this with steaming hot rice and a side of cut chilli. The hero of the dish is the ginger – it adds such a restaurant style flavour to the dish. Defnitely on my list of meals to make on weeknights!
I hope you give this a go and enjoy it as much as we do. Here is another stir fry recipe to try if you’re in the mood to stir fry. Good luck!
Did you try this recipe?
Please do let me know if you've tried it, by leaving a comment or tagging me on IG @thesuddencook.
Chicken & Ginger Stir Fry
- 500 g chicken breast cubed
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp corn flour
Combine together in a small bowl:
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small piece ginger minced or sliced
- Dash of sesame oil
- 1 medium sized broccoli cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat up a wok or saucepan and add in 2-3 tbsp oil. When heated, add in minced/sliced ginger followed by garlic. Fry for about 30 seconds and add in broccoli. Toss around and add a little bit of water to allow broccoli to cook and turn bright green. After few minutes, add in chicken.Let chicken sear at bottom, when nicely browned at bottom, then toss around together with broccoli.
- Add in sauce and scrape up any bits stuck to bottom of wok/saucepan and mix. Switch off heat and add a dash of sesame oil. Done.
- I mince up my ginger for this dish. So you get a nice ginger hit but it's not too overpowering. It pairs very well with the chicken and broccoli.
- Just like all stir-fries, have all your ingredients ready before you start frying.
- Eat warm with rice and a side of cut chilli.
This stir fry recipe is excellent! The chicken is cooked perfectly and the ginger gives it a great flavor. The vegetables are also cooked well and add a nice crunch to the dish. Overall, this is an easy to follow recipe that is a delicious and healthy meal.
Thanks Mandy! So glad you enjoyed it.
It has been ages since I’ve made a stir fry and now I’m craving it! We’re going to heat up our kitchen tonight with some stir fry action!
Great to hear:) Stir fries are really easy and delish.
This sounds absolutely divine! I know the combo of oyster sauce and ginger would be amazing. definitely making!