I really really really love this recipe on days when I’m just not feeling the kitchen experience. Days when I want to whip something up, but just don’t want to spend too much time or energy over the stove or washing up (did I mention no chopping board even used for this recipe!).
I actually made this dish on the dining table and popped it into the oven. Yes I did cook the pasta on the stove which is in the kitchen, but other than that – it was nice to assemble everything on the dining table for a change.
Start by cooking, draining and placing pasta in an oven proof dish. To the cooked pasta, mix in the tuna, cheese, grated onion and dried oregano or parsley.
Then pour in the cream + egg mix into the pasta. Top up with greens like baby spinach if using (if not skip this step) – and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Pop into a pre-heated oven until cheese is nice and golden brown.
I shared this recipe on my Instagram and it was well received. It’s not only easy but super tasty. AND kid friendly. Win win for the entire family. Try it! It’s a wonder how a can of the humble tuna can transform into a hearty meal for the entire family.
This recipe was featured in Ayam Brand‘s recipe e-book published in conjunction with their 130 year brand anniversary.
'No Cooking' Tuna Pasta Bake!
- 250 g pasta cooked, drained and placed in an oven proof dish
- 2 cans tuna drained and flaked
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 tbsp dried parsley/oregano
- 200 g grated cheese
In a bowl/jug mix the below:
- 1 egg
- 200 ml whipping/cooking cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Cook and drain pasta. Place in an oven proof dish.
- Mix into the cooked pasta - the tuna, grated onion, half the shredded cheddar and dried oregano or parsley.
- Next, pour the egg + cream mix into the dish and mix with the pasta. If adding any baby spinach just add them on top now. If not, just omit spinach.
- Sprinkle remaining grated cheddar on top. Pop this in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 mins until cheese is bubbling and golden. Enjoy!
- Use pasta like spirals, macaroni, shells, small penne etc.
- Buy cheese already grated to make life easier:)
- I use the Ayam Brand tinned tuna.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge.
I always look forward to a no-cooking recipe and this one comes with all my favorite ingredients. So good and comforting!
Yes it is for the minimal amount of prep!
Such a great recipe and can’t believe how easy it was! Was great during the week when everything is always so hectic. Had some extra and husband and daughter it for work and school lunches. Kept really well the next day. Thanks!
That’s great Amy so happy to know!
I love no cooking recipes and this looks absolutely scrumptious! Assemble everything and bake.. So easy and fulfilling!
Yes vey very easy esp for weeknight dinners:)