'No Cooking' Tuna Pasta Bake!
You ONLY need to cook the pasta. Then it's all about the mixing and popping into the oven. Done!
- 250 g pasta cooked, drained and placed in an oven proof dish
- 2 cans tuna drained and flaked
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 tbsp dried parsley/oregano
- 200 g grated cheese
In a bowl/jug mix the below:
- 1 egg
- 200 ml whipping/cooking cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Pre-heat oven to 200C. Cook and drain pasta. Place in an oven proof dish.
Mix into the cooked pasta - the tuna, grated onion, half the shredded cheddar and dried oregano or parsley.
Next, pour the egg + cream mix into the dish and mix with the pasta. If adding any baby spinach just add them on top now. If not, just omit spinach.
Sprinkle remaining grated cheddar on top. Pop this in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 mins until cheese is bubbling and golden. Enjoy!
Recipe has been modified from the Beginners Step-by-Step Cookbook.
- Use pasta like spirals, macaroni, shells, small penne etc.
- Buy cheese already grated to make life easier:)
- I use the Ayam Brand tinned tuna.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge.