Tender succulent oven baked chicken wings marinated in tasty honey + oyster sauce flavours. So easy to prep for – just follow this recipe!
I relied on this recipe alot in my early days of cooking. I used to make it almost everytime we had a potluck or barbecue – because it was so easy to prepare. Just buy the chicken wings, pat dry, add marinade and pop into oven. And everytime, I would get the best feedback about the wings which spurred me on to repeat the dish at the next potluck!
Let’s talk about the wings first. i buy the whole chicken wings from the supermarket. About 10 whole wings. I then cut them into two – so there is one part drumette and one part wingette (yes it’s a word) with the tip. I find these easier to serve and guests tend to appreciate that it’s not such a large piece. See pic above.
To the wings, I add a handful of pantry staple ingredients such as honey, oyster sauce, sugar, chilli sauce, among others. Most of these ingredients trust me you will already have in your fridge/pantry. No need for any fance add ons.
See easy? The wings are baked at 180C for 30 minutes. I usually line my baking tray with baking paper for easier clean up. You may flip them in between or just leave them be. Dress them up with some sesame seeds or some finely chopped springs onions/red chilli.
I love this recipe because if I have to decide last minute on a dish to make, this would be it. I also marinade the wings prior and leave it in the fridge for a bit so the flavours get soaked into the meat. Before popping into oven, remove from fridge about 1 hour before.
These are very very kid friendly. They can be eaten with rice, noodles or just a whole plate on it’s own. Click here for more kid friendly recipes. For more chicken recipes, head on here.
Did you try this recipe?
Please do let me know if you've tried it, by leaving a comment or tagging me on IG @thesuddencook.
Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- 10 Whole Chicken Wings Cut into two
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3-4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Place chicken wings in bowl. Pat dry and add in marinade ingredients. Give it a good mix. Leave in fridge for a few hours or overnight for flavours to develop.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. On a baking tray place a piece of baking paper (for easier clean up). Arrange chicken wing pieces.
- Pop into oven for 30 mins. Flipping halfway thru if you prefer. If not, leave them be. Once they are out, sprinkle some sesame seeds and flinely chopped spring onions. They are ready to be served!
- Cut whole chicken pieces into two. You will get the drumette and wingette + tip.
- Don't add too much honey as honey burns easily when baking.
- Remove marinated chicken wings from fridge and allow to come to room temperature before popping into oven.
- Garnish with sesame seeds/spring onions/red chilli.
The perfect method to cook wings, they were crisp on the outside but tender inside and fell off the bone
Thanks for sharing Freya!
Simple yet so full of flavors. These chicken wings are perfect as appetizer, paired them with pasta and rice too. I like that all ingredients are pantry available.
Yes they can make for a great appetiser:)
Oyster sauce with the honey and chili was such a great combo. The wings were delicious and I loved the balance of sweet and spicy.
Great to hear!
These oven baked chicken wings are flavorful and delicious! My entire family loved them for dinner the other night.
That’s awesome Sara!
Tried your wings recipe! I marinated it overnight and the taste was even better. Quick and easy recipe! Way to go…. winner winner chicken dinner LOL.
So good to hear! I made them recently too. Loved them.