Easy Chicken Soup
Tender fall-off-the-bone bite sized chicken pieces in a nourishing soup accompanied with potatoes and carrots. Perfect with rice or toast especially when feeling under the weather.
- 800g-1 kg chicken thighs cut bite sized Washed, trim off skin/fat and lightly salt the pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced thinly
- 1 carrot cut into chunks
- 1 potato cut into chunks
- 1/2 piece chicken stock cube can sub with salt if preferred
Add in some oil in a medium/large pot. In go the sliced onions. Cook for a few minutes till onions are nice and soft.
Add in chicken pieces. Don't toss yet. Allow to brown off then toss around till outside is cooked. Pour water into pot till chicken pieces are covered.
Once boiling, turn flame down to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 40mins uncovered.
Add in potatoes and carrots. Increase flame till boiling again, then turn down and simmer for 15 mins. Crumble in stock cube and give it a mix. Garnish right before serving. Ladle into bowls.
- I find chicken thighs highly flavourful for these kinds of recipes.
- Remove any skin/fat from chicken pieces and lightly salt before placing into pot to cook. Brown them on the outside first before adding water.
- You may use salt in place of stock cube.