Super Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
An easy recipe to follow using pantry staples. Every beginner baker should try this recipe! Makes 12 cupcakes.
- 125 g butter At room temperature
- 170 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup milk
- 180 g self raising flour sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt
Pre-heat oven to 170C.
Using a mixer, combine butter and sugar till mixed well. Add in eggs one by one and vanilla essence and mix well.
Add in milk and flour + salt and mix. Add in either chocolate chips or raisins (if preferred) and mix batter using a spatula.
Scoop into cupcake liners. Start with 2 tablespoons of batter then divide the rest among the 12.Top with extra chocolate chips or raisins.
Bake in oven for 15 mins. Remove and let cool in pan.
- Be sure butter and eggs are at room temperature.
- Use a spatula to scrap down the sides of the mixing bowl from time to time.
- Every oven is different, so please adjust temp and timing based on your oven.