Creamy Pasta Carbonara
Creamy carbonara pasta filled with bacon and prepared using a quick luscious carbonara sauce.
- 280 g Linguine or Fettucine Pasta cooked al dente according to packet instructions
- 200 g bacon Pan fried or baked in oven at 200C for 10 mins (no need to pre-heat oven but be sure bacon is dry and not cold)
Mix in bowl:
- 30 g shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml whipping cream I use the Emborg brand
- 1/2 tsp salt
As pasta is cooking, chuck bacon pieces in oven and mix sauce in bowl.
Get a large pan put on LOW heat and place cooked pasta inside and add sauce.
Toss, add chopped up bacon and a good sprinkling of black pepper.
Taste to see if salt and pepper is enough. DONE. Serve warm.
- This is not a an authentic carbonara recipe. Some recipes call for no cream, others only use the yolks - but this is the recipe which works for us.
- You can pan fry the bacon too before adding in pasta (all in same pan) and cream.
- Be patient when tossing the pasta, as you need to toss over low heat - else the eggs will cook. Toss till pasta is nicely coated in the sauce.
- You can sub bacon for ham. Makes it easier - just cube the ham and toss in when mixing pasta and sauce together.
- You can leave out the greens or use green peas or baby spinach (like I did).