Air Fryer Ayam Goreng Berempah
A popularly deep fried Malay-style spiced fried chicken, now air fried as a solid alternative. Pair this with Nasi Lemak for an unforgettable meal!
- 2 Whole Chicken Legs with Skin On
Pound Together To Form a Rough Paste
- 5 cloves garlic
- Small piece ginger
- 2 lemongrass Use only the end white portion
- 2 tbsp meat curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Make deep slits on chicken legs to allow marinade to penetrate and ensure even cooking. Place chicken in bowl and pat dry. Add in rough paste and other ingredients. Allow to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
Preheat Air Fryer to 200C for 5 mins. (Place a piece of foil at bottom compartment of AF to make cleaning up easier).
Put chicken in AF skin side up. Include all the rough paste from the marinade. Baste some oil on top of chicken. Air fry for 10-12 mins. Lower temp to 180C and continue to air fry for 5 mins.
Flip chicken over, baste some oil and continue to air fry for 10mins. Done. Allow to cool. Enjoy!
Enjoy with a nice meal of nasi lemak!
- Marinate chicken for at least couple of hours. If marinated chicken has been sitting in fridge- bring to room temperature first before Air Frying. I usually remove from fridge at least one hour before.
- Make deep cuts in the chicken.
- Preheat the Air Fryer.
- Be sure to inculde all the rough paste in the marinade into the air fryer as well when beginning to cook the chicken.