Air Fried Crispy Chicken 65
Bite sized chicken pieces marinated in spices and popularly deep fried ... now AIR fried to crispy goodness!
Marinate for 2 hours (or overnight if you can prep ahead)
- 600g Chicken Thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp ginger + garlic paste pound together 4 cloves garlic and small piece ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 stalks curry leaves roughly chop the leaves, remove stalks
- 1 tbsp chilli powder you may lessen to 1 tsp if making for kids too
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp egg white
- A drop of red food colouring - to get the restaurant style Chicken 65 look. optional
- 1 tbsp cornflour added just before air frying
*Add in corn flour to chicken pieces right before air frying. Combine it with chicken well.
Pre-heat Air Fryer at 200C for 5 mins.
Transfer half the chicken pieces onto a SINGLE layer on the grill pan. Air fry for 5 mins. Flip chicken and continue for 5-7 mins. Remove.
Repeat steps with remainder chicken. Remember to add in all the curry leaves from the marinade that may be stuck in the bowl you marinated the chicken in - and include in the air fryer.
Best enjoyed hot hot!
Read thru the tips for best results:
- If marinated overnight, remove chicken from fridge and allow to come to room temperature before placing in air fryer (around 1 hour is best).
- Don't overcrowd the grill pan - air must be able to circulate and air fry the chicken well to achieve crispy edges and sides. This amount of chicken best be done in two batches.
- The egg white and corn flour will help achieve the crispy goodness this dish is so popular for. Remainder egg can be stored in a container in the fridge and fried up within 1 or 2 days.
- Chicken thighs in my opinion are so much better than chicken breasts. Be sure they are bite sized
- If using Kashmiri chilli powder, no food colouring is needed.
- Remember to add in the corn flour right before air frying.
- Preheating the AF is a must. Using a temp of 200C will help achieve crispy goodness to the sides and edges of the pieces.
- Add in all curry leaves and whatever marinade from the bowl into the air fryer.
- You can always re-heat these fellas for 2-3 minutes as they are best enjoyed hot hot!