Udon with Minced Pork & Broccoli
Udon noodles. They are great to have in the pantry to make quick dishes such as these. Pair them with this minced pork and broccoli mix and dinner is ready!
- 400g Udon noodles I use Vit's brand.
- 300-350g Minced Pork can be subbed with minced chicken.
- 200g broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Small piece ginger minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Mix in a bowl:
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
Bring a pot of water to a simmer (not boil). Remove udon from packets and place into pot. Using a tong, gently shake the caked up noodles till they separate. Drain immediately.
Add 2 tbsp oil in a wok.
Add ginger then garlic and fry quickly. Add in pork mince. Don't stir the mince yet, let it sit in hot wok and get a nice char. Once you see the sides nice and brown, add in the broccoli. Mix all together. Add a tiny bit of water to get the broccoli cooking and keep tossing.
Add sauce and combine till pork/chicken has soaked up all the sauce. Turn off heat, add in sesame oil.
Spoon udon noodles into bowl. Top with pork & broccoli mixture.
Garnish with spring onions, sesame seeds or chilli flakes if preferred. Done.
Top tips as follows:
- Don't overcook the broccoli till soft. You want some crunch.
- Be careful with sesame oil, it can be overpowering if used too much.
- Let the minced pork/chicken get a nice char at the bottom before tossing everything to combine.