Kid Friendly Char Kway Teow
This one is for the whole family to enjoy!
- 450g Fresh Kway Teow noodles Give it a quick rinse and loosen the noodles before frying.
- 1 lap cheong Soak in some hot water till the 'skin' lifts off. Remove skin. Sliced diagonally. If you wish, you can add another piece.
- 3 cloves garlic Chopped finely
- 200g prawns
- 1 bunch bean sprouts (taugeh) Rinsed
- 1 bunch Chinese chives Cut into batons. Can sub with spring onions.
- 3 eggs Cracked into a bowl, lightly beaten and salted.
Mix Sauce in bowl:
- 5 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Heat wok on high flame then add in oil. Add the garlic and VERY quickly add in lap cheong and prawns. Prawns will turn pinkish quite fast.
Add bean sprouts and fry. Quickly add in noodles next followed by sauce and fry till combined.
Push everything to one side and add oil at base. Add in egg and swirl. Bottom of egg will set pretty fast.Flip noodles onto top of egg and leave for 15 seconds. Continue to stir fry. Add in chives.
Stir stir stir till dish is fairly dry. If you can get some chariness even BETTER. Done.
The whole frying process is FAST. So here is the sequence:
We enjoyed this and so did the kids. Be liberal with the white pepper. Taste at the end and see if you wish to add more. Get bigger prawns even better! You can add another piece of lap cheong if you wish.
- Lap Cheong & Prawns
- Bean Sprouts
- Noodles & Sauce