No icing or ganache needed. Just enjoy them as they are. This will be the only chocolate cupcake recipe you will need. Trust me!
Everytime I bake these, I get rave reviews. I love preparing them BUT you must be intentional about getting that magic ingredient which you otherwise might not have lying in your fridge (all other ingredients, if you bake occasionally you will have).
What ingredient is this which is deemed so magical you may ask? Why it is he the sour cream. You see the sour cream gives it that moistness which will set this cupcake apart from all other cupcakes. First get the ingredients ready.
So you spot the sour cream fella by the side? Yup. He is our friend in this recipe. Start by creaming the butter and sugar till combined very well.
Next go in the eggs. I usually add them in one by one to ensure they are mixed well and proper. Add in vanilla essence.
Into another mixing bowl, I sift together a couple of ingredients which are the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
Lastly, combine the mixed flour ingredients and sour cream into the butter/sugar/egg mixture. You can alternate this in two batches so they mix well.
The batter reminds me of a nice creamy chocolate milkshake. Of course you’re not gonna drink it, but rather scoop them out into 12 cupcake liners and put into oven. Magic will be done in 20minutes.
Did you try this recipe?
Please do let me know if you've tried it, by leaving a comment or tagging me on IG @thesuddencook.
Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
- 170 g butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120 ml sour cream or 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Sift ingredients into a bowl:
- 90 g plain flour
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Use a mixer and beat butter and sugar till combined properly.
- Add in eggs one by one and beat well. Mix in vanilla essence.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with sour cream.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners until 3/4 full. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until a toothpick or cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 mins then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- I bake these cupcakes for 20 mins.
- Don't miss out the sour cream.
- Great to bake and bring over to someone's home or if you're hosting a small tea party! Very very kid friendly:) Don't bother icing or decorating them, they are delicious as is.