Sometimes you just need one extra dish to make the whole meal complete. Try this nutritious and super quick dish with easy pantry staples.
This is a great dish to make when you’re short on time OR when you’re short on ingredients. It goes great with rice (and one other protein dish ideally). And it kinda hides the beans (if the child is not into their greens at this stage) in the thick yellow coating of the glossy egg. You can also cut this into strips for younger kids and throw onto their rice.
Be sure the beans are sliced thinly and you cook them well prior to adding egg.
Once I pour in the egg leave it alone to set. Egg must also be seasoned well. Once it all comes together – trust me it’s yums.
Did you try this recipe?
Please do let me know if you've tried it, by leaving a comment or tagging me on IG @thesuddencook.
Green Bean Omelette
- Non stick pan
- 3 large eggs Whisked
- 10 green beans sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Add the below to eggs
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Pinch of salt and white pepper
- In a pan, pour in some oil and add garlic. Saute for a few seconds then add beans.
- Spread beans and fry for a couple of mins. Add a bit of water to allow them to steam and help them cook.
- Once beans are cooked, pour in egg mix around the pan. The beans might sort of group to one side, I usually don't mind and leave them be.
- Spread or swirl the pan so the egg mix will move around and cover base of pan.
- I use my spatula and 'cut' the omelette into quarters and flip each side. Turn off heat. DONE!